Tuesday, April 17, 2007

First Portrait

As you can see, I am starting to get a little bulge that looks more like a burgeoning baby than that I just ate too much ice cream. I still just feel more chubby than anything, though.


After several weeks of coming home from work only to put in several more hours of work on the travel book I've been writing for Heidelberg, I finally finished! To celebrate Jason and I left early the next morning for an impromptu drive to Gay Paree. Such fun! We did it up right, escargots and tours of both Marie Antoinette's lavish digs and the cold, dank cell where she spent the last two months of her life before being publicly beheaded (ouch!). And I finally got back to the Louvre, which lives up to it's reputation as one of the finest art museums on the planet.
After we returned, we had our first appointment with the Obstetrician, and guess who we got to see for the first time:


I know, s/he is not much to look at yet, but just wait--this baby is genetically blessed... Seriously, though, I'll be psyched if it gets Jason's curls (or my mom's, or Jason's mom's or somebody's! I need someone else to live through vicariously...) Looks like s/he's inherited Jason's ability to just relax and take it easy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first baby pics are beautiful! Baby is lucky to have you guys. I hope your feel well you look wonderful. I still can't believe I'm going to be a grandma, aagin!

Zuleika said...

Sadie...it's so nice to see YOUR face, let alone your husband's and your baby's! You are all beautiful!

Ouma said...

Cna't wait to see new picts. Maybe when you both get back from somewhere else and Japan. Happy birthday Sadie in case we don't talk before. LOL

Ouma said...

Where are you? No new pictures? We are sad and hope to see an update soon. We miss you.