Monday, July 2, 2007

Okay, so after a long, long, loooooooong absence, we are back on the radar. It's been a couple of months since we've had the opportunity to post here, so I'll reward your patience with lots of photos. First, here's the most recent belly shot:


We're just shy of 23 weeks (for those of you "normal" people that still count time in months, that's about 5 and 1/2 months), and the big news from our last visit is: we found out we're having a little girl! Not that a boy would be any less exciting, but it's nice to know which it is; we both like being able to call it "she," "her" etc. instead of the generic (not to mention slightly distasteful) "it."


I went to Japan in late May to visit my brother Tristan and his wife Shizuka, and (most notably) their new little tyke Enzo! He turned two months old while I was visiting and is possibly the cuuuuutest baby I have ever seen! Here's a picture so you don't have to take my word for it:

You can follow their adventures into parenthood here. For those of you that are into that whole instant gratification thing, they are much more punctual about updating their blog than yours truly. Here's the three of them on a little walk around the neighborhood:


The more observant among you may have noticed that I no longer have long blond locks cascading down the length of my back... I finally grew enough hair to send to a wonderful organization called Locks of Love; any of you out there, who, like me once, have more hair than you know what to do with, now you know what to do with it :)


Well, with all things being equal, and a picture being equal to a thousand words, here's several thousand words for you to ponder:

These are from a little walk we took on the farmlands near our house the other day. The weather has been rainy and miserable for the last month, but it's never enough to keep us indoors during the summer months!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys look great! I love your haircut, too, Sadie. :) Looking forward to hearing more about the baby again!

Zuleika said...

You look beautiful, Sadie! One day I would love to see what Jason looks like without the sunglasses! I once emailed Locks of Love to see if they wanted my dreads...no response.
Girls are great. I now have 5 nieces...my family is good at girls. I was there for the birth of my newest niece and it was a truly unforgettable experience. I'm sure everyone has their opinions about everything, but witnessing a home birth was very peaceful; it definitely made me want to go that route...if babies are ever in the picture.
I send your WHOLE family lots of love,
Z.

Isabel said...

WoW! You two look very European. Jersey looks good to. Under all that baldness, Jason there is a Afro dying to come out. I was planning on donating my hair when its time, but I don't think they want gray hair. See you guys soon.
MOM

Ouma said...

Thanks for the great update, I am still pondering your words. Ilove the new haircut, it suits you. (Jason, the box is on its way.) As to the hair, you inspired me and the program will tske my hair and sell it to support the cause. Now I can't wait til the next update!
Hi Zuleika and Isabel